I love Mondays. I know you are all yeah whatever at me with a few eye rolls but they have always been the sign of a fresh start. The kids are off to school, the house is fairly clean, laundry done, I feel brand new. My friends argue that I am only cool about Mondays because I work from home but I still have to to hustle hard and have discipline in order to make sure that I eat. I also have clients that require I come into the office from time to time as well, so I know the wake up and get out struggle. The key to my joy on Mondays is preparation and mindset. Here are 5 tips to making Monday your bish.
- Use Sunday to envision what your ideal Monday would be and manifest the hell out of it. I write down my goals for the week but specifically Monday because that will be the catalyst for a great week. Do I want a new client, not have to deal with someone, to figure out the answer to a looming question, I imagine it done.
- Prepare lunch and some healthy snacks so that you don’t get hangry. Don’t leave a good meal up to chance, not only will you save money by preparing and bringing your own food, you won’t lash out because someone asked you the time because you are starving.
- Take a Lunch Break. Don’t eat at your desk, take it literally and beak out. Go outside and take a walk even frigid air is more refreshing than office air. Give a loved one a call, flip through magazines in a store, meet up with a friend for lunch but for the love of God move away from your work area.
- Make plans for Monday night. Who says Happy Hour, date night, a movie, massage or special treat has to be saved for the weekend.
- Get over the 3pm hump by imagining your dream job and when you get home apply for it just for kicks. You never know! (Don’t risk your current situation by applying on their computer silly)
Do you have any other tips for Making Mondays great again? Do you dress extra cute, take lunch time selfies, search Tinder? If you have any ideas that might help your sisters out. Please share and Happy Monday!